FOLLOW US
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
You are here: Home » WORLD NEWS

Car bomb kills 26 at Eid gathering in Afghanistan, ISIS claims responsibility

ISIS' Amaq news agency said that the target was “a gathering of Afghan forces”. The Taliban had already denied responsibility for the blast.

NMF News Bureau | Updated: 17 Jun 2018, 10:32:56
ISIS has claimed responsibility of the attack ISIS has claimed responsibility of the attack

Kabul: A car bomb killed atleast 26 persons at a gathering of Taliban and Afghan armed forces in the eastern city of Nangarhar on Saturday, an official said. The soldiers and militants were celebrating an unprecedented Eid ceasefire.

The Islamic State has claimed the responsibility for the attack. The group's Amaq news agency said that the target was “a gathering of Afghan forces”. The Taliban had already denied responsibility for the blast.

Dozens of unarmed Taliban militants had entered the Afghan capital and other cities and they exchanged hugs with the soldiers.

The Taliban had announced a surprise three-day ceasefire, except against foreign forces, over the Eid holiday which began on Friday.


First Published: 17 Jun 2018, 10:31:39

Video
Photo gallery
----------- Advertisment-------------
----------- Advertisment-------------
----------- Advertisment-------------
Travel »