Prime Minister Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Modi arrived at Janakpur airport to embark on a two-day visit to Nepal. He was received by various dignitaries of Nepal. He then proceeded to Ram Janaki temple, where he was received by Prime Minister Oli at the temple gate, along with various high-level dignitaries of Nepal. After that, he offered his prayers at the temple.
HERE ARE THE LIVE UPDATES:
- The Indo-Nepal relationship dates back to Treta Yug. King Janak & King Dashratha not only united Janakpur & Ayodhya but also united India & Nepal.
- It was my long due wish to visit the land of Goddess Sita & offer my prayers. Today, I am extremely happy & grateful that I got this opportunity: PM Modi
- I am glad to be here in Janakpur. I am here to pay my respects to King Janak and Mata Janaki. I thank the Prime Minister of Nepal Oli ji, my 'brother' for accompanying me during this visit to Janakpur: Modi
- India and Nepal will work towards building 'Ramayan' circuit between both the countries. This will act as foundation for strong people to people contact between the two nations: PM Modi at the launch of bus service between Janakpur-Ayodhya, in Janakpur.
- Various local artists lined up at the temple entrance to welcome both the Prime Ministers.
- They then together visited the shrines of Lord Ram, Janakidevi and Lord Shaligram. Prime Minister Modi even sang local religious songs along with the temple artists.
- Both the Prime Minister were seen holding friendly talks among themselves.
- Prime Minister Modi was then facilitated by one of the members of the temple board. He was presented a memento which depicted the landscape of the temple.
First Published: 11 May 2018, 10:02:07