Guntur (Andhra Pradesh): A yacht boat caught fire in Krishna River near Tadepalli village in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh on Monday afternoon. Vijayawada fire station SFO P Visweswar Reddy said,
“The boat is owned by S Sudhakar Rao and the value of that boat is Rs 1 crore. When the boat was ashore at around 1:30 pm, its roof caught fire due to electric short circuit. The boat owner immediately called the fire station. As the fire is minor, they tried to put it off. Later, fire station team joined them and they doused the fire together.
There was no one on boat at the time of incident, so nobody got injured. However, loss is estimated at around Rs 50,000. Tadepalli MRO witnessed and recorded this incident. However, no police case is filed in this incident yet.